HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Export User Data SQL - GDPR

I have a user requesting his personal data from my forums. Does anyone have SQL to do this yet?

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@HIAviator: If he just wants the user data you can simply send him the field values you find in his dashboard user page.

But I guess the user wants a data dump of all his discussions and comments or?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

I'm not entirely clear on what GDPR requires in this regard. I guess it's user data and discussions, comments etc?

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I doubt very much if GPDR requires you to provide them with a list of comments/discussions.

I would say that was is held in the USER table would be all that could be reasonably expected.

Have a look at the GPDR thread for Linc's view on this.

• Options

If that's the case it will be simple. Thanks!

• Options

There is very little in the user table that isn't already public information and also personally identifying. It is mostly the email. You can provide the name and gender also there are IP related fields. Note the password is hashed. You don't want to provide that as it would compromise them and possibly other users. They are free to change it.

Unless of course you re using specific Addons which collect more data. You might also what to check the UserMeta table and you can query with he UserID.

GPDR has complicated what used to be very clear data protection legislation with possible prison sentence and conflated it it with privacy legislation which is different thing.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Am I required to send the user their post history as well?

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I don't believe so.

It would be hard to argue posts were personal information.