Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

New user getting this error....on her first post. [RESOLVED by using different browser]

snootysnooty Florida
edited June 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

{ "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }

As a side note, I have the actual post she made if you need it, just let me know.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Which user group is she in?

It sounds like a plugin permission issue.

• Options
    snootysnooty Florida

Thanks for the quick response Whu606. She just contacted me back, said she uses Iron browser (secure Chrome), and now she tried re-posting the exact same post using Edge, and it worked.

Hmmm. I might just let this go for now until it happens again. I'm not using any extra plugins other then what came with Vanilla.

• Options
    snootysnooty Florida

Well, I hate to revive an old post, but apparently Vanilla has a problem with Iron browser. I downloaded the browser myself and tried posting in my forum and I'm getting the same error. I wonder if its a security setting in Iron? Here's what I get:

{ "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }

Could it be a bad install of Vanilla from me using Softaculous? Should I do a clean install from a 2.6 download, uploading it myself using FTP (it's a brand new forum).

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

snooty

A clean manual install of 2.6 with the default theme would certainly allow you to clarify if it is an issue with Vanilla.

There can, at times, be issues with installs by 3rd party software.

• Options
    snootysnooty Florida

OK, thanks will try that and let you know.