Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Self-Hosting and Customizing CSS

It looks like, unfortunately, the customization option for HTML/CSS isn't available on self-hosting, so, what resources do I have for customization? Is there a place where I can find all the classes/ids for the css? And is there any possible easy way of testing that html/css without having to commit/push/pull an update?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

For CSS changes only, I would recommend the CSSEdit plugin. If it goes beyond that, create a custom theme. You can find more on that in the documentation

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited June 2018

@danno151 Sure, that’s possible.!Did you have a look at the ~/themes/themename/design/ folder? You‘ll find a style.css there and if you place a custom.css file inside you can overwrite all used styles with a code editor of your choice.

For finding unused classes use the inspector of your favorite browser.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla