Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

AdSense crawler login

StarfleetStarfleet New
edited June 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm trying to carry out the steps as listed in this guide (https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/161351?hl=en), but I can't find out what to fill out for step 5.

(Login URL: The URL that our crawler should visit to sign in.
Login method: The method your site uses to authenticate users who log in. POST and GET are common authentication methods.
Parameters: The credentials that our crawler will use to sign in (for example, your site's username and password). For GET and POST methods, please enter the URL parameter key-value pairs such that your server will return a cookie for logged-in access.)

Anyone who could point me into the right direction? I searched the forum, but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options

is your site a closed community, or is there read access for guests? If the later is no need for this.

grep is your friend.

• Options

No it's indeed a closed community

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2018

you can create a user for it with an appropriate role and choose a unique password that is strong and you keep to yourself and google. You could just create special read only role as it only need to read to crawl the relevant categories/discussions.

then you want it to POST Name and Password fields (parameters) only note capitalisation

the login url I suggest is entry/sign2 (obviously use the absolute url for your site and forum path).

That should work. Not tested it, but there no reason why it shouldn't work

Often post are protected by something by transient key to prevent a number of exploits, however for login in you don't need this luckily. This would be an added complication becuase it would need to be fetched prior.

Generally i'm not a fan of password access by bots I would prefer another type of authentication method. You can create custom authorization methods for bots, but probably overkill in this case.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Late reply, but I got it to work! Thank you.