Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Updated to 2.6, cannot access /utility/upgrade

When I try to go to "utility/upgrade" it takes me to "dashboard/setup". I can't access any folder called "utility" and don't seem to have one in my file structure.

All I did was copy the files from the new 2.6 download and copy and replace them in my root.

Assistance, please and thank you.

Comments

• ANd if I try to run the install page again I'm given the error " Invalid log level: Failed to insert {type} ({content}): {error}.
    "

• @overlord

Which version are you upgrading from? that's important. Also, did you delete your cache folder before running /utility/update?

• I am upgrading from 2.5. I can't remember, but there is no /utility folder to even run that. I have yet to run that.

• I deleted the cache folder after copying the files.

• @overlord

from my understanding, "/utility/update" is more of a command, rather than a destination. I don't have that folder either, but it still works. "yourwebsite.com/utility/update" is what you should be visiting. You should also try "yourwebsite.com/utility/structure", try them multiple times, in reverse order too, see if anything changes.

• Okay, I've tried that and neither do anything. They just instantly redirect me to /dashboard/setup

• there is common misconception that urls are mapped to file structure. This can be the case but is not necessarily the case, and there is no reason why it has to be the case. Url aren't a physical representation of files.

generally modem framework have one main entry point then that is dispatched to scripts sych as controller methods in a MVC app

grep is your friend.

• @overlord

Maybe you should try and do a fresh install, and point the database after.

1. create a new temporary mysql db, and install 2.6
    2. copy over the uploads & plugins folders from your old directory, to the new 2.6 directory
    3. edit config.php to point to your "old" db
    4. run /utility/update & /utility/structure

If you decide to take this route, let us know the results :)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@overlord said:
    ANd if I try to run the install page again I'm given the error " Invalid log level: Failed to insert {type} ({content}): {error}.
    "

Are you sure there is still a not corrupted `/conf/config.php´?

Maybe pretty urls don't work? What happens when you visit "yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/upgrade"?

• When I use the non-pretty URL it doesn't work.

How could I tell if that file is corrupted? When I try and open it I see all of the database information there. It's currently 39 lines long.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Even for a fresh install I would have expected more than 50 lines. But you've said you have updated an existing installation...

If Vanilla has been installed correctly you should see two lines like that in the config:

// EnabledApplications
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Conversations'] = 'conversations';
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';

If you have a backup, you should start all over again.

If you have no backup,

• create a backup of the database
    • create a new database
    • do a fresh installation in the new database
    • change db settings in the new installation to your old database
    • run /utility/structure and /utility/update (both several times)
    • copy custom theme or plugins to the fresh installations and see what is needed to make them work