Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Users automatically added to restricted role upon application acceptance

There's a section of my forums that I only want members with a custom role to have access to. I created a new role in the Roles & Permissions section with the default type 'members.' Now when users registering for the forum are approved, they are immediately put in both the general members role and the custom restricted role. Is there a way to make it so that upon approval, they are only put in the general members role, not all roles with the default type members?

Unsure if this is relevant, but my forum's registration method is Approval.

Comments

• the mistake was giving the role a type leave this blank.

aslo is there anything in you config regard default roles?

grep is your friend.

• Oh, thanks! Didn't realize you could leave it blank.

And I looked around my config a bit but didn't see anything. Might have missed it. I'll poke around some more.

• test out the application acceptance.

grep is your friend.

• Yes that is bit is confusing I agree. Type is mainly for special roles like guest, if they get accidentally get deleted.

Generally speaking you don't want additional roles to have a type. Also roles are additive so you can give the role just the permission necessary, and add it to the users existing role(s).

grep is your friend.