Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

File Upload to Amazon s3

I saw a thread of people discussing integrating Vanilla Forum's file upload capability with Amazon s3. There was much discussion about how it could be accomplished. However, the thread was dated 2013, and there was no final solution posted. Has anyone else done this, and is there a simple way this can be done? I'm a programmer and have integrated with Amazon s3 before, but I've never worked with PHP before.

Comments

• noncenonce Necro-on Forensics
    edited April 2016

I've integrated this with other software. Shouldn't be too hard to migrate code to vanilla. When I get it polished up I'll let you know. One bucket right? Do you want it incorporated into the editor plugin? or as a separate s3 interface?

• Just one bucket. I have the the Advanced Editor Add-On turned on for attachments, so, yeah, that would be the best.

• Did you guys have any progress with this?

• @alackmann said:
    Did you guys have any progress with this?

Same, I would love this lol.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Everything needed to build a plugin that does this has been in Vanilla for quite a while. Its not the most straightforward thing to do, but definitely possible.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Any success on this?

• Any further updates here?

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Never used S3 but why don't you pick some idea from github. Simple search yielded many results. Here's sample code, randomly picked (and I haven't looked at it, just suggesting where to look): https://gist.github.com/dmitry-mukhin/4b608e1d5444464416ff

• I pulled it off by creating plugin with custom upload function, then hook the function through GDN_Upload_saveAs_handler.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Would be nice if you could upload your plugin to the plugin directory

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

And it would make it so much easier to give support :wink: