Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Signup button is not showing on the forum

MiteshMitesh New
edited August 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi Guys,

I need help, suddenly my forum's signup / registration button is not showing. Could you tell me what could be the reason?

Fyi: https://ibb.co/h5ZDa9

Thanks,

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

That is a custom theme and therefore I would first try to find out if some CSS is hiding the button. By looking at a screenshot, no one will be able to support you with that. If you could provide a link, it would be easier.

• @R_J said:
    That is a custom theme and therefore I would first try to find out if some CSS is hiding the button. By looking at a screenshot, no one will be able to support you with that. If you could provide a link, it would be easier.

Hi,

Yes, It is custom BootStrapTheme. I have checked the CSS is not hiding, link is here, please check if you can find out the root cause. Thanks.

Try adding .sticky-footer { display: none } to see that the button is still there. I am no CSS guy therefore I cannot tell you how to do it better.

Just by looking at your html, I can tell that you might face many problems: you have changed html and also CSS classes a lot and that will make your theme incompatible with almost any functionality of Vanilla that makes sane assumptions about the markup.
    For many things there needs to be a div#Head, div#Body, div#Foot etc.

And the only way to do as much css class "customizing" a you did, you have to overwrite nearly all views and helper functions. By doing so, you are more or less stuck with the current Vanilla version since updating would become the same amount of work as rewriting the theme.

Please take a look at the bootstrap theme that you can find here in the addons to see how a CSS framework is elegantly integrated into an existing site.

Oh wait, now I see that you already referenced that great bootstrap theme. And I'm really shocked to see that the html changes directly come from that theme! I never would have expected that and I'm really irritated...

Then forget what I said. I hear no complains about that theme. But I wonder that there aren't more complains about plugins which do not work with the Bootstrap theme... o.O

• @R_J I was shocked as well. It made my InfiniteScroll plugin more complicated than it should be:
    https://github.com/bleistivt/InfiniteScroll/blob/f23a91b4d6e28b7075292c8ed656dae4858b0f8e/js/infinitescroll.js#L36-L48

But most plugins probably do not reference those elements. Not depending on the structure of default.master too much is probably a good thing.