HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not Able To Change The default Basic Styles In Colors Theme

I installed the Colors theme and everything is working correctly except that I am not able to switch from the default Basic Styles. I always see the error message: (Page Not Found
The page you were looking for could not be found) When trying to switch from the default basic styles to Basic_Orange_1_Alpha_0_100 and any of the other colorful styles. I am using vanilla version 2.6.1 and the latest version of PHP.

Comments

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

i don't know whats going on there, the theme doing well on both my vps and localhost.
    do you have the same issue on other themes? I had page not found issue on localhost once, but after I enable some plugins then try the theme options again, it works after that.

• Just setup this theme in a test env. I love the layout, thank you for that. However the hover icons at the top as well as the selected one (ie discussions when on the discussion page) appear to be about 20px down from the top menu bar. Just looking in the CSS now but if you can give me a hint as to where I can move them back up...?

@morty said:
    Just setup this theme in a test env. I love the layout, thank you for that. However the hover icons at the top as well as the selected one (ie discussions when on the discussion page) appear to be about 20px down from the top menu bar. Just looking in the CSS now but if you can give me a hint as to where I can move them back up...?

which browser are you using? and version?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I remember that I have hard coded the sub domain somewhere in the theme. Use the functions that vanilla provides. One is called "url", but in the moment I do not remember the asset equivalent...

• @jeongwee said:
    i don't know whats going on there, the theme doing well on both my vps and localhost.
    do you have the same issue on other themes? I had page not found issue on localhost once, but after I enable some plugins then try the theme options again, it works after that.

All the other themes are working fine. As for the basic default colors theme, it works fine just that when i try to change to a different style, I get page not found issue. Please is there any plugin that can help solve the problem?

@niibonte said:

@jeongwee said:

All the other themes are working fine. As for the basic default colors theme, it works fine just that when i try to change to a different style, I get page not found issue. Please is there any plugin that can help solve the problem?

Man, i don't know. i have tested again , it should be no problem. Maybe someone else can help you.

• @jeongwee said:

@niibonte said:

@jeongwee said:

Man, i don't know. i have tested again , it should be no problem. Maybe someone else can help you.

It seems i have not been able to explain myself well. Actually, what i am saying is that i have been able to install the colors theme but i want to select the orange style from the theme option section and that is where i get the page not found problem.

Is there any other way i can change the theme color other than the theme option? because i can find default basic style in css.

@niibonte said:

@jeongwee said:

@niibonte said:

@jeongwee said:

It seems i have not been able to explain myself well. Actually, what i am saying is that i have been able to install the colors theme but i want to select the orange style from the theme option section and that is where i get the page not found problem.

Is there any other way i can change the theme color other than the theme option? because i can find default basic style in css.

If you are not able to swith to other styles.( meaning you are stuck at Example_Do_Not_Use style )
    Try copy all the codes from custom_Basic_Orange_1_Alpha_0_100.css to custom.css and save.
    Do not overwrite the codes from custom.css , paste the codes to the bottom.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@jeongwee said:

Have you seen my comment above? Try it out on the root folder of a domain. Not test.dev/forums

• Thank you very much, @jeongwee I have done it.

edited September 2018

@R_J said:

@jeongwee said:

Have you seen my comment above? Try it out on the root folder of a domain. Not test.dev/forums

OK...thank you~