Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notifications Poplist Avatar Icon

Hi Team,

I managed to change the photo avatar img src path using public function userPhoto & userPhotoUrl. It's working ok on category & discussion list however the on the notifications & inbox poplist it's still pulling img src from the local "...uploads/userpics/..." path.

I believe the poplist is generated through global.js. Any idea on how do I hook to change it's img src?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

It is fetched with JavaScript, but you can also open the page simply by visiting /profile/notifications

So it is the ProfileControllers notifications() method which is showing the view. Inside that method you find $activities = $this->ActivityModel->getNotifications($session->UserID, $offset, $limit)->resultArray(); and so our journey continues to the ActivityModels getNotifications() method...

In the getNotifications() method you find the user photo mentioned:

Gdn::userModel()->joinUsers(
        $result->resultArray(),
        ['ActivityUserID', 'RegardingUserID'],
        ['Join' => ['Name', 'Photo', 'Email', 'Gender']]
    );

On to the UserModels joinUser() method! Searching there for the photo brings up those lines:

if ($column == 'Photo') {
        if ($value && !isUrl($value)) {
            $value = Gdn_Upload::url(changeBasename($value, 'n%s'));
        } elseif (!$value) {
            $value = UserModel::getDefaultAvatarUrl($user);
        }
    }

And then we are at the url() method of Gdn_Upload - we are there again, if I remember correctly :wink:

• Options

Thanks for all the help. I fixed it by overriding the activity/popin.php using the helper_function I created to replace img src.