Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

adsense only for users not logged in

Hi, i would like to display adsense ads only to users that aren't logged in? Could you tell me what is the best strategy to do that?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Get the pockets plugin (from GitHub) and after enabling you will find a "No Ads" permission and you can use that for a "pocket"

• pioc34pioc34 Pézenas ✭✭

Thanks @R_J

• PCTipsGRPCTipsGR Unknown New

@R_J said:
    Get the pockets plugin (from GitHub) and after enabling you will find a "No Ads" permission and you can use that for a "pocket"

How come the plugin, which can be also founded here, in this forum: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/pockets-plugin is not updated?

Is it better to search for plugins at Github instead of here?

Kind of embarrassing, isn't it? This are the facts:

• in the past the version of the addon repo and the main repo was differing and therefore it was hard to sync them, y now that shouldn't be a problem any more
    • those plugins might not be tested against the current OS branch
    • every moderator can upload plugins

Instead of telling you "look elsewhere" I should have made that plugin a proper zip and upload it here and answer "please try the current version that I have just uploaded".

There is no process of "whenever there is a new release of vanilla, we update the plugins, too" for 2 main reasons I guess:
    1. for the above mentioned reasons it wasn't guaranteed that those addons would work with the current version
    2. all plugins are in one repo and it would require a lot of manual work to upload each of them

That's where community and moderators could help to make this forum better. If someone would post a "tested version x.y of plugins this&that and confirm they are working with Vanilla a.b.c" and some other users would also confirm, me or any other moderator would feel encouraged to update the plugin.

Don't forget: we are a community and this forum is not what a single person is doing. As a community we have some (but not much) let's call it obligations. If we want it to be better, there are things we can do!

@PCTipsGR said:
    Is it better to search for plugins at Github instead of here?

If you have developer interests in Vanilla you should be looking at GitHub quite often.

If you are "only" a forum admin, then the Addons section here should be the only place for you to look at.

If you are an admin which is willing to give back, than do both: check here and check GitHub so that you might be able to give feedback that one of the plugins is outdated and which version is available that is compatible with the current Vanilla version

@PCTipsGR said:

@R_J said:

How come the plugin, which can be also founded here, in this forum: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/pockets-plugin is not updated?

I have updated it right now from the 2.6 branch from GitHub. If you come across another official plugin which needs an update, please drop me a note!