Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bug: Plugin Not Found

Reposted from Github

Issue:

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
Plugin not found.

Vanilla Version Running:

Expected Behaviour:

Theme to display itself

Installing Procedure Followed:

Downloaded theme from https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/sanmyaku-theme and pasted to the themes folder of my Vanilla installation.

Comments

• PCTipsGRPCTipsGR Unknown New
    edited September 2018

I followed @R_J suggestion and changed the folder name to sanmyaku (from sanmyaku-1.0.3), however it crashed my installation and did not enable.

@krjordan seems to be no longer here so it is safe to assume that it does not work on Vanilla 2.6.1

Any idea on what Vanilla Forums version this test forum is running?
    http://sanmyaku.krjordan.co/index.php?p=/

EDIT:

I just read that it is compatible with 2.2.1, and also 2.3, however I assume these versions are now insecure and no longer maintained, so I will have to find another theme..

UPDATE:

The developers actually commented on our post, saying that they will no more actively contribute to it and that they are seeking for people who could fix the bugs and possibly maintain the project.

You can see issue progress here: https://github.com/CodeSequence/sanmyaku/issues/56

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@PCTipsGR said:
    I followed @R_J suggestion and changed the folder name to sanmyaku (from sanmyaku-1.0.3), however it crashed my installation and did not enable.

@krjordan seems to be no longer here so it is safe to assume that it does not work on Vanilla 2.6.1

Any idea on what Vanilla Forums version this test forum is running?
    http://sanmyaku.krjordan.co/index.php?p=/

EDIT:

I just read that it is compatible with 2.2.1, and also 2.3, however I assume these versions are now insecure and no longer maintained, so I will have to find another theme..

I forked the repo and I had no problems when I tried to enable it (the folder has to be named "sanmyaku"), but it was crashing the site for me, too.

It complained about a (custom) Smarty function that couldn't be found. The way a custom Smart plugin folder has to be added changed a few versions ago, so that was an easy fix.

Then it had a problem with a missing property "Controller". That was a bit harder, but in the debug trace I could see that it came from the custom breadcrumbs Smarty function and comparing that to the Smarty function which comes with Vanilla should quickly how to come over that problem.

Afterwards there were no errors, but it was looking terrible! Only then I've seen that there is a build step that you have to follow :angry:
    I hate that, but I know that this is the proper way for such a project...
    I ran npm install and gulp build and then it was all good. I guess that is how it should look like. I saw some glitches which might be caused by the many (experimental) plugins I have on my test installation, though.

But then I noticed that there is a language file which had an old naming convention and must be renamed. Whenever something like that happens, you need to clear the cache afterwards. I've deleted /cache/theme-index.php and /cache/themes/sanmyaku.php (one of both, don't ask me which) would have been enough, but it doesn't hurt to delete both.

To put things short: I made it work again. There are only a few changes needed. Which changes this are can be seen here
    Only 2 lines really need to be changed and the locale file needs to be renamed.

Thank you @R_J ! You are awesome!

I will test this now, and once again thanks for making a great theme available again!

Don't know why but still, my forum crashes. I will try to look into it.

Actually it was just a preview issue and the theme works just great, you can see it live on my test URL (which will soon go down).

Thank you @R_J for continuing this theme.