Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Allow moderators (or other role) to create categories?

Just as it says on the tin. I'm on a brand-new 2.6.3 install, and I want to allow non-administrators to create new categories. I don't see anything obvious in Roles and Permission settings.

How do I grant the proper permissions?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is a permission called Garden.Community.Manage which should allow that role to create categories. But it also allows some other settings. Therefore you should create a test moderator and see yourself what the effects of giving that permission are.

• Options

Thanks for the update @R_J ! Is there documentation on what that permission allows?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is no documentation for that and it would be somewhat misleading, since any plugin could use it, too.

You can find Garden.Moderation.Manage used on many places. It allows managing messages, the avatar section, the branding section, assigning user roles and that's only what is obvious for me.

• Options

Thanks again! I'll give it a whirl and see.