HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

External call from vanilla

On my live platform we are regularly getting hits on open vanilla forum which is creating unusual traffic on my site. Kindly suggest how to stop it. I have not used any stats plugin by vanilla.

Comments

• Options

In new relic, it is showing that some web external call are going to "https://open.vanillaforums.com" on each request whenever vanilla boots up and serve requests.

Kindly suggest.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    1. In the most easiest scenario, you are simply referencing some external resources in your web page. Search the internet on how to use the network monitor of your favorite browser. That should help you finding out which file is doing that call.

2. If your server is calling some file, that would be strange. Do a full text search in your source code and you might find it.

3. That domain is used in then config-defaults.php. You can change the address there one by one and try if it changes something on the network traffic of your server. You would have to dig down by using where that config setting is used from there on.

• Options

this is the analytics which you can turn off.

grep is your friend.