Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

These folders must be readable and writable by the web server. (Windows 10)

Is there any solution for this? Went to the previous related discussion but I don't know what's really going on in the comments.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited November 2018

@aaron_lieu

Welcome to the community.

If you want help with issues, it really helps if you can be as detailed as possible.

You reference a previous discussion, but which one?

Where are you getting the error message?

When you are trying to install Vanilla?

If so, what system are you installing Vanilla on?

Which folders does the error message refer to?

/conf, /uploads, and /cache must be writable, all other folders must be readable

is pretty self-explanatory, I would imagine.

• Hi I don't know what you mean but the screenshot is provided here :)

Hi

Sorry, but if you don't know what I mean then I can't help you. Maybe someone else can explain it differently.

There is a minimum level of competence that installing Vanilla assumes, which would include understanding what it means for folders to be readable and writable.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@whu606: under Windows only special system folders require per user access rights. For c:\xampp\htdocs it is highly probable that each and every user can read and write files.

If I would face such an error on Windows, my first thought would be that Vanilla has a problem with a backslash separated path because the OS requirement is Linux and therefore it can expect a forward slash separated path.

@aaron_lieu: Why do you try to install Vanilla 2.6.3? That is not the most recent version of Vanilla. Do you want to test updating? :wink:

@R_J

Yeah, I test on a Win 10 with Xampp, and don't remember facing such issues.

Sometimes with Windows you need to make sure the operation is being carried out with explicit Administrator rights.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

On Windows I never had problems with Vanilla but with other things on xampp yes. It can come from a lot of things, for exemple corrupted files or folders.

• Select the folder Uploads right click properties go to the security tab click edit select Users and check the box write below