Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Minusbaseline doesn't appear as a mobile theme

I've installed this under Vanilla 2.6 and it appears as a desktop theme only not a mobile theme.

Comments

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭
    edited July 2018

@jwrw

try add

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'minusbaseline';

to /config/config.php

• Same problem here tried the code for config.php, didn't work :(

• @piXelicidio said:
    Same problem here tried the code for config.php, didn't work :(

Well I found the fix :) i'm feeling smart:
    Added:
    "isMobile": true,
    to addon.json
    Needed to delete the folder, refresh dashboard caché and upload again.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@piXelicidio said:

@piXelicidio said:
    Same problem here tried the code for config.php, didn't work :(

Well I found the fix :) i'm feeling smart:
    Added:
    "isMobile": true,
    to addon.json
    Needed to delete the folder, refresh dashboard caché and upload again.

You are! The downside is that you will miss it by the desktop themes now.
    There is no way to mark a theme as desktop and mobile theme as well

• You are! The downside is that you will miss it by the desktop themes now.
    There is no way to mark a theme as desktop and mobile theme as well

You mean I can't use it as desktop theme at the same time?
    Maybe I don't understant well. I thought that you can't use a theme for desktop and mobile at the same time with Vanilla.

I have the default theme on desktop and Minusbaseline for mobile: https://talk.denysalmaral.com

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

@piXelicidio You can't do it from dashboard but you can set it by hand in conf/config.php by editing the lines

$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] = 'yourtheme';
    // Some lines here...
    $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'yourtheme'; 

change the values by the theme folder name. Simply put the same value on both.
    Vanilla needs two themes settings. One for mobiles devices and one for desktop in theory. So if you come on your forum with a smartphone, it will bring you the MobileTheme one and on a computer the Theme one.

@piXelicidio: I should have explained in more detail what I was speaking about. As a theme developer you cannot create a theme that will be displayed as an option in the desktop themes and in the mobile themes as well.

Since the currently activated theme shows up in either section, it is possible as soon as you have set a theme to be the normal and the mobile theme in your forum. And as K17 said, you can do that by editing the config.

But if you switch back desktop and mobile theme, you will experience, that your current theme shows up either as a desktop option or a mobile option, but never in both sections (except it is the current chosen theme).

Yes I know: slightly irritating. And you already have mastered to set the theme as you wanted it to be so in the end there is no need to read all this =)

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Is this an intended design "feature" or is it a bug (regardless or the severity of it)?

@rbrahmson said:
    Is this an intended design "feature" or is it a bug (regardless or the severity of it)?

I call it a bug