Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin broken on 2.6.3

Hello there, the plugin seems to be broken on 2.6.3, while I was using it without problems on 2.3.1.

From the php logs I can see the problem is related in the way the plugin class in used:

"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /shared/httpd/costellazione/htdocs/discuti/plugins/MembersListEnh/class.memberslistenhmodel.php"

Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I kinda figured out that at least one problem is that this plugin works on PHP 5.6, but it doesn't work with PHP 7 and up... since vanilla itself is dropping 7.0 this December, I guess the plugin code has to be updated somehow.

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Still working for me, showing all Members... using Forum 2.6.3 and PHP 7.2

But when I klick an Header to sort for example by "Likes", nothing is happening, is not sorting by "likes"... :cry:

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2018

@Dr_Sommer said:
    Still working for me, showing all Members... using Forum 2.6.3 and PHP 7.2

yes php version 7.2 should not prevent the plugin from working.

But when I klick an Header to sort for example by "Likes", nothing is happening, is not sorting by "likes"... :cry:

I believe vanilla's security rules in .htaccess prevent the sorting.

for a test you could try solution here to see if it works for you, and then determine if you want to bypass security rule or not. There might be a work around if someone know .htaccess that allows the plugin to work for sorting but prevents the sorting.

The other option is to sort by what you want in the plugin and leave that as default.

if you always find likes the most import sort you want change the plugin to to likes if you don't want to change .htaccess.

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/251638/#Comment_251638

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Hey, Thanks, River... ;)
    Hmm... interesting, that .htaccess line breaks the possibility to sort a Table....
    But I'll let this untouched, same as @brainolution, don't wanna risk a security problem.. ;)