Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Trying to get YAGA running on fresh 2.6 install.

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭

Hello!

I'm on a fresh install of 2.6.4. The only extra plugin or application I've added is YAGA, and (of course) that's not working, or I wouldn't be posting. :)

Pretty URLs are set up. @pioc34's fork of YAGA is in the Application folder. I see YAGA in the application panel, and it will enable it when I ask it to.

Enabling it in the dashboard adds one line to config.php:

$Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Yaga'] = 'yaga';

That didn't seem to be enough to activate functionality.

I then added some additional lines to config, per instructions pioc34 shared in a 2.5 thread:

// Yaga
$Configuration['Yaga']['Version'] = '1.1';
$Configuration['Yaga']['Reactions']['Enabled'] = '1';
$Configuration['Yaga']['Badges']['Enabled'] = '1';
$Configuration['Yaga']['Ranks']['Enabled'] = '';
$Configuration['Yaga']['MenuLinks']['Show'] = '1';
$Configuration['Yaga']['LeaderBoard']['Enabled'] = '1';
$Configuration['Yaga']['LeaderBoard']['Limit'] = '10';

Which didn't seem to have any affect either.

And... at that point, I brought the problem here, since I'm not sure what to try.

Comments

• pioc34pioc34 Pézenas ✭✭

Do you have yaga enabled in applications menu? Can you go to the settings ?

• DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭

It is enabled. I cannot go to the settings. When I click on the settings, I get the following:

What is the settings url? http://yourforum.com/yaga/settings ?

Do you have rewrite url enabled?

I have

$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = true;

... in conf/config.php

edited November 2018

Sorry, i don't know. Try to put $Configuration['Debug'] = true; in your config.php and check if error messages appears...

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Try to open the settings in a new page. That helps revealing a potential error message.

This is what I got from the debug. I hope it's helpful:

Notice
    include_once(/home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/plugins/yaga/settings/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

0 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(311): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'include_once(/h...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 311, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(311): include_once()

2 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))

3 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

4 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(324): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))

5 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(22): require_once('/home/doyce/pub...')

Notice
    include_once(): Failed opening '/home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/plugins/yaga/settings/bootstrap.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear')

0 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(311): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'include_once():...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 311, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(311): include_once()

2 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))

3 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

4 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(324): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))

5 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(22): require_once('/home/doyce/pub...')

Notice
    include_once(/home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/plugins/yaga/settings/class.hooks.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

0 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1256): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'include_once(/h...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 1256, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1256): include_once()

2 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(316): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAllEvents(Object(Garden\EventManager))

3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))

4 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

5 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(324): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))

6 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(22): require_once('/home/doyce/pub...')

Notice
    include_once(): Failed opening '/home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/plugins/yaga/settings/class.hooks.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear')

0 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1256): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'include_once():...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 1256, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1256): include_once()

2 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(316): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAllEvents(Object(Garden\EventManager))

3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))

4 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

5 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(324): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))

6 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(22): require_once('/home/doyce/pub...')

Notice
    include_once(/home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/plugins/yaga/settings/class.hooks.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

0 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(143): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'include_once(/h...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 143, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(143): include_once()

2 [internal function]: Vanilla\AddonManager->autoload('YagaHooks')

3 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('YagaHooks')

4 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1278): is_a('YagaHooks', 'Gdn_IPlugin', true)

5 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1258): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAddonEvents(Object(Vanilla\Addon), Object(Garden\EventManager))

6 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(316): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAllEvents(Object(Garden\EventManager))

7 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))

8 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

9 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(324): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))

10 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(22): require_once('/home/doyce/pub...')

Notice
    include_once(): Failed opening '/home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/plugins/yaga/settings/class.hooks.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear')

0 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(143): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'include_once():...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 143, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(143): include_once()

2 [internal function]: Vanilla\AddonManager->autoload('YagaHooks')

3 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('YagaHooks')

4 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1278): is_a('YagaHooks', 'Gdn_IPlugin', true)

5 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1258): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAddonEvents(Object(Vanilla\Addon), Object(Garden\EventManager))

6 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(316): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAllEvents(Object(Garden\EventManager))

7 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))

8 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

9 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(324): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))

10 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(22): require_once('/home/doyce/pub...')

Notice
    YagaHooks does not implement Gdn_IPlugin

0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(16384, 'YagaHooks does ...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 1281, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1281): trigger_error('YagaHooks does ...', 16384)

2 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1258): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAddonEvents(Object(Vanilla\Addon), Object(Garden\EventManager))

3 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(316): Vanilla\AddonManager->bindAllEvents(Object(Garden\EventManager))

4 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))

5 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

6 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/bootstrap.php(324): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))

7 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(22): require_once('/home/doyce/pub...')

Notice
    Gdn_PluginManager::registerHandler is deprecated.

0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(16384, 'Gdn_PluginManag...', '/home/doyce/pub...', 866, Array)

1 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/core/functions.general.php(866): trigger_error('Gdn_PluginManag...', 16384)

2 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(668): deprecated('Gdn_PluginManag...')

3 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(743): Gdn_PluginManager->registerHandler('VanillaStatsPlu...', 'StatsDashboard', 'SettingsControl...', 'home', 'method')

4 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/plugins/VanillaStats/class.vanillastats.plugin.php(61): Gdn_PluginManager->registerNewMethod('VanillaStatsPlu...', 'StatsDashboard', 'SettingsControl...', 'home')

5 [internal function]: VanillaStatsPlugin->gdn_dispatcher_beforeDispatch_handler(Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), Array)

6 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/Garden/EventManager.php(278): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

7 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(806): Garden\EventManager->fire('gdn_dispatcher_...', Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), Array)

8 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(765): Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandler(Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), 'Gdn_Dispatcher', 'BeforeDispatch', 'handler')

9 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/core/class.pluggable.php(133): Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandlers(Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), 'Gdn_Dispatcher', 'BeforeDispatch')

10 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(236): Gdn_Pluggable->fireEvent('BeforeDispatch')

11 /home/doyce/public_html/random/vanilla/index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()

Yaga is an application not a plugin. You must put it in the application folder

Ugh. Sorry. Markdown did weird things with that. :/

It's in the application folder.

I can see why, from the debug, you think I have it in the plugins folder, but it's not in there. It's in applications.

Is there, perhaps, some file that would by default assume yaga was running out of /plugins/ ?

Do you have the file boostrap.php in yaga/settings?

All of the above is called "Notice" which means that it is not an error which means that this is not the reason for your problems.

Have you tried opening the settings page in anther window? What is the url, what is the error message?

hum i configure a fresh install of vanilla and tried to install my yaga installation. I have a page not found!
    In conf/config.php, replace $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Yaga'] = 'applications/yaga'; by $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Yaga'] = 'yaga';

In your application folder, be sure that yaga files are in yaga folder and not Application-Yaga-Master folder

I don't know why all applications are in conf.php like that $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['xxx']= 'applications/xxx';

• Hi, did you guys solved the issue, I have exactly the same situation, yaga not working after installing it on 2.6.4

Bests!!