Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Dashboard Settings inaccessible

I have today installed a fresh forum - Vanilla 2.6.4. Everything seemed to work very well. After a while, I decided to install the Danish language addon. After unzipping the folder I uploaded it to the server. I may have put it in the wrong folder because when I would activate it in the Dashboard, the Dashboard had become inaccessible. I immediately deleted what I had just uploaded but unfortunately, that didn't bring the Dashboard back to normal. From time to time I can access the Dashboard Site Overview and Moderation but as soon as I hit the Settings I am kicked out of the Dashboard. For a fraction of a second, there is a symbol indication Loading... but that's all. Is there any cure to this (fatal) problem - other than a complete reinstall?

Comments

• Options

Try deleting your cache in /cache (then check access again)
    Do you have a backup of your /conf/config.php? (might want to check the backup against your active config)
    Is there a 'local.php' file in /conf/?
    Has the .htaccess been modified lately?

• Options

Thanks for your help. I tried deleting the cache but that didn't solve the problem. Instead, I made a fresh Vanilla install and found out that it simply continued using the same database - nothing was lost or altered. And the new Vanilla forum had all functions incl. full access to the dashboard.