Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I just want to add a single line of text after email notifications

2»

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Awesome and congratulations!

I think about creating a "custom email template" plugin

• Options

Thanks!
    Email template plugin that allows you to customize all email comunication from dashboard would be great!

• Options

Not that nifty.

The plugin is essentially ready, I have uploaded it so that you can see it here: https://github.com/R-J/customemailtemplate

It's not much more than I have shown above, only that I want to add the user information to the message, so that they can be personalized better.

I plan to add some example templates and make them switchable in the dashboard. Admins would be able to add their own templates and choose them as the default template.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2018

@R_J said:

@x00 you can set a custom template by using the same event:

I'm aware of that, however, hooks aren't the be and end all. It is just as easy to pre-define the class.

In fact dependency injection is a far better approach then hooks. Predefining isn't quite dependency injection but almost.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Hi @R_J . First, thanks, really thanks for that plugin!!

Second, i have an error when i install an enable the plugin

Error:

Call to a member function getInfo() on null

I have the last version of Vanilla (3.3).

Can you help me? Thanks!

• Options

Most of the times that error is thrown when the folder name doesn't match. If yu got it from GitHub then you might have unzipped it to /plugins/customemailtemplate-master but it must be /plugins/customemailtemplate. After renaming the folder, you might also need to delete /cache/addons.php