Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need help removing add-on hosted on vanillaforums

mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

I uploaded a plugin a long time ago and now I am hoping to have it removed. I don't see an option on how to remove it though.

I created 2 plugins, one of which is based on the other. I have since created a separate branch and mentioned it in the first (master) plugin. It is easier for me to update just one plugin page than two, plus it eliminates confusion.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Every moderator and admin can remove it.
    I personally don't like removing addons, because I think even if you don't maintain it, it can be an inspiration and maybe even a reference for someone else. Please consider simply changing the text to something like "This plugin is no longer maintained, please use... instead"

If you still like it to be removed, give us the link to the addon.

• @mcu_hq said:
    I uploaded a plugin a long time ago and now I am hoping to have it removed. I don't see an option on how to remove it though.

I created 2 plugins, one of which is based on the other. I have since created a separate branch and mentioned it in the first (master) plugin. It is easier for me to update just one plugin page than two, plus it eliminates confusion.

Thanks for adding your add-on and also for your decision to declutter add-on section by removing one to make it easier for you to update and to create less confusion for end-user.

There are so many useless themes and add-ons that don't work in the add-on section, it is great that some developers are willing to remove older add-ons that have been since improved in another branch.

Probably the best is to send a private message to admins of forum to have add-on removed, then you won't get second guessed.

Great idea about having an option for individual developers to click and delete their own add-ons when deemed necessary by developer. It would make for a cleaner and better add-on section. You can count on your fingers of one hand, how many plugins and probably zero themes that have been taken over or made to work from older non-working plugins.

Many things have changed regarding optimal ways to do things, json, hooks , naming etc, and some older add-ons have security holes. Wish more developers thought like you in removing add-on clutter and confusion.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

Thanks, ok yea I'll just leave it up I guess and just put a big notice of DO NOT USE, but IMHO it kinda clutters things. I also noticed that there is a new "Does this Plugin Work" feature on the add-ons page for every plugin, but I don't see any activity from the community. Does no one really vote on these things? I think it is a great feature.

• PCTipsGRPCTipsGR Unknown New

@mcu_hq said:
    Thanks, ok yea I'll just leave it up I guess and just put a big notice of DO NOT USE, but IMHO it kinda clutters things. I also noticed that there is a new "Does this Plugin Work" feature on the add-ons page for every plugin, but I don't see any activity from the community. Does no one really vote on these things? I think it is a great feature.

I try to vote for plugins that I use, but I have also noticed that. Perhaps some people forget or think that someone else will vote and so on..

I agree with you, it is a great feature indeed and has helped me a lot deciding quicker if the theme/plugin I want to use will work. Otherwise, everyone needs to test it by themselves.