Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Statistics - "Problem with credentials" [RESOLVED]

bonitobonito New
edited January 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I'll start by saying that Vanilla is amazing and the community plugins are great.
I'm trying to enable the Vanilla forums statistics but keep getting "Problem with credentials" (with a notification of "Analytics: Unable to save").

I've googled for quite some time and couldn't find a solution. I'll mention that CURL is installed & ntpd is enabled as well. I also set the system timezone to EU.
I'm using CentOS 7 with PHP 7.2 (Vanilla 2.6.4)

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• Debugging it for hours now. I've ended up with dumping the curl body response, what I get back is:
    string(211) "{ "isHomepage": false, "Exec": "Direct", "Method": "analytics/register.json", "Analytics": { "ResponseHandler": "Iceman", "Status": 500, "Reason": "Unable to save" } }"

I'm trying to register it through a subdomain, any chance it's related?

• bonitobonito New
    edited January 2019

Solved. I ended up sending a direct request through Postman (will probably work in Chrome as well) and got the secret and app ID back ( https://analytics.vanillaforums.com/analytics/register.json?ServerHostname=YOUR_DOMAIN&ServerType=YOUR_NGINX_VERSION&VanillaVersion=YOUR_VANILLA_VERSION ).

With that being said. Initially, I was using FireFox and I believe that some JS files didn't load or there's some issue with mixed content since I couldn't see the stats\graph (maybe it was the issue in the first place). Everything is working perfect on Chrome. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.

Last and final edit, it seems like the adblocker was causing it, for some reason it identifies the vanillastats.js file as an ad file.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@bonito

Welcome to the community.

Thank you for taking the time to provide the solution you found.