Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrade suggestion needed :)

AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi to all,

It's been quite sometime since my last post, I'm back to being newbie again.

Just wish to seek your opinion...

If you have an old version of around v 2.0/2.1 , do you recommend upgrading to v2.6 or should I wait for v2.8?

I have read that 2.8 is just around the corner.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Aolee

You should upgrade to 2.6 as a matter of urgency, as earlier versions contain various security vulnerabilities which the latest version has patched.

Separately, it makes sense to upgrade now, so that you can iron out any issues with plugins/themes etc.

I'd recommend that you do the upgrade on a test server first, so that you have time to work things out without taking down your live site.

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

Thanks @whu606 :) good point. will read thru the upgrade process. Hope still the same as before.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Aolee said:
    Thanks @whu606 :) good point. will read thru the upgrade process. Hope still the same as before.

Read the upgrade instructions in the README.md carefully. You need to delete a few things in order to keep Vanilla running.