Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Flair for new discussions as well as new comments?

Is there a way to also flag new discussions as "new" to a user? Right now, they're only seeing the little "new" flair for discussions they've participated in and some content can be overlooked.

Running 2.6.4, theme is Colors 1.1.1.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The appropriate CSS class is already there, but if you cannot see it, then the theme author hasn't styled it. That might be on purpose or an error. You can inspect such element for the correct class and apply the same style to those discussions as to other new discussions by help of e.g. the CSSEdit plugin

• @R_J Do you know what it's supposed to be called? I only know a little bit of CSS and I appreciate the insight!

@jeongwee Is this a feature or a bug?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Discussions usually all have the classes .Item, .ItemDiscussion
    If the user looking at the page:

• is the discussion author, the .Mine class is added
    • has commented in a discussion, the .Participated class is added
    • never ever opened a discussion, that discussion will ge the .Unread class
    • hasn't seen all comments in a discussion, that dicussion will get the .New class

But css selectors are somewhat tricky. Without inspecting your very forum, it is not possible to give good advice on what you can try as a selector to do the desired changes