HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Greetings from the new Quicken forum

We have a class of user in the Quicken forum called "SuperUser". SuperUsers have some privileges beyond ordinary members, but are lower in rank than moderators and administrators. We're basically just long-time Quicken experts who are trusted to help maintain the forum. Find us at https://community.quicken.com/

This forum just opened yesterday, migrated from a different platform. So we're still learning all the features available to us.

One which confuses us is the checkbox near posts. It has no hovertext so we're afraid to click it to see what it does. (I'd post the Vanilla version number but I can't find it anywhere.)

What does it do?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Just click it, there's no danger in there =)

Somewhere there is a setting which is called something with admin checkboxes where you can enable and disable it.

• It seems to only function on threads with at least one add-on comment from an ordinary user. It allows splitting the thread, but it just sits there doing nothing if that's not an appropriate action. This is what confused us. Seems like it ought to vanish if it's not applicable.

You should also be able to merge discussions and that would be a second option. Some other plugin might use it, too

• Thanks for the info. We're still fumbling around our day-old forum. We'll figure it out, we always do. 😛

I only had my mobile, so sorry for not answering very detailed.

The checkboxes are only used for splitting/merging discussions but plugins can make use of them, too. Depending on what plugins you plan to use, it might make sense to see them all the time, but personally I do not like to see them either.

Oh wait, I just saw that you are a paying customer. Feel free to ask for help here, but this forum is for people who are hosting Vanilla themselves. There are a few features that only paying customers can use and in such cases we will not be able to give any suggestions...

You as a customer can always direct your question to the official support: support@vanillaforums.com

• Paying customers have their own support forum.

grep is your friend.

• Looks like they are updating it

https://support.vanillaforums.com/

grep is your friend.

• Ah, OK, thanks. I was unaware of the 2 separate fora. Will go to the right place next time.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2019

@RocketJSquirrel Nice looking forum! As a Vanilla Cloud customer you should be able to get assistance from our SuccessTeam for questions like this, but I'll put an answer here anyways.

The checkboxes appear when the following setting form the Discussions > Posting page is enabled.

It allows batch modification of discussions/comments. I believe it's automatically enabled by the split/merge addon.