Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No API definition provided. [RESOLVED]

bqiaodevbqiaodev New
edited February 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just installed Vanilla Forum core 2.8. The API section in Settings of Dashboard says "No API definition provided." There is no Swagger UI plugin either.

Is API access not available in Vanilla core? Or is there anything else I need to install?

Many thanks

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Maybe you should re-upload the Vanilla files. In a clean, default install it should work.

• Is API part of Vanilla Forum core? Or is it only available from Clouding hosting? I don't see anything wrong with my installation. It's clean setup in a docker container.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2019

it is part of the core.

greping No API definition provided returns two files:

plugins/swagger-ui/src/js/plugins/vanilla-forums/components/layouts/dashboard/index.jsx

plugins/swagger-ui/js/custom.js

Note some addons are hidden, as they are always on

A javascript error elsewhere, may prevent further scripting.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2019
    loadingMessage = <h4>No API definition provided.</h4>

Implies that it starts with that message as a default an loads over it. So there could be some breaking JavaScript

try disabling addons.

Alternatively the request it load from is blocked, maybe becuase it is an external request or mixed content error. Check network traffic and console in browser for errors an blocked requests.

grep is your friend.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

If you did not install the prebuilt version of Vanilla please ensure your composer post-install succeeded. Node is required to built the front end assets here (covers rich editor, API documentation and a few other things).

• Thanks everyone for your help.

I see 404 error in browser console for request to this url:

http://localhost/vanilla/api/v2/locales/en/translations.js?h=2.8 

There are many other calls to .../api/v2/... if I browse around the local forum. I'm new to Vanilla Forum and PHP in general. Should there be a directory named "api" in the installation directory? I extracted the prebuilt zip into the root of my apache instance. There is no api directory in that zip.

• Found out mode rewrite was not working because .htaccess was not working because there was no "AllowOverride All" in httpd.conf!

So my bad not having apache configured properly.