Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"NewFlyouts" can't be dismissed on mobile

On the Advanced Editor under 2.8, by default, none of the flyouts can be dismissed once they're opened on mobile devices; tapping outside the flyout has no effect.

These must be disabled manually in config.php by setting:

$Configuration['Feature']['NewFlyouts']['Enabled'] = false;

Unfortunately, with this disabled, the original flyouts no longer work properly either: layout is incorrect, and the other flyouts are actually hidden but active in the background, so tapping to dismiss a flyout frequently presses a hidden button.

Comments

• edited February 2019

Ignore this comment - seeing if the editor here clears properly after posting a comment. It does. Guess there's a fix here that isn't present in the release version.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2019

This site is hosted on Vanilla Cloud. While cloud can sometimes get a bit ahead of the open source release right now they are even. (both 2.8).

That "New Flyouts" config setting is actually meant to be used with keystone. If you switch away from keystone through the dashboard keystone removes the config value. Other themes may not work properly with it. The idea was allow us to making breaking changes to flyouts for some new themes, without breaking older ones, so this site is not using the new flyouts.

I realize the fragility of this. Multiple things can go wrong:

• An admin may disable keystone (or derivative) through the configuration directly.
    • An admin may not have keystone (or derivative) as both the mobile and desktop theme.

I actually just opened a pull request resolving these issues (and making keystone/responsive themes in Vanilla a lot more flexible). https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/pull/8412

So this should be better in the next release. In the meantime Feature.NewFlyouts.Enabled should

• Be enabled if you are using a keystone, theme boilerplate, or a theme derived from them
    • Be disabled or not present if you are using any other theme.

Does that help clear things up?

• Thanks again @charrondev! I'm actually using the Keystone theme (which is generally great aside from a few glitches that I'm getting through), so this seems to be a legitimate issue. But I've decided to press on with the new Rich Editor, as Advanced Editor has too many issues now, so it's become a non-issue for me.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Ahh I misread. Most Advanced Editor issues have been closed and will not be getting much attention for the core team going forward. Instead the focus is going to be on expanding the capabilities and performance of Rich Editor.

• No problem!