HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

format_links_handler and rich editor

pioc34pioc34 Pézenas ✭✭

Hi all,

i made a plugin to transform urls posted by users. It's using format_links_handler($sender, $args) but it's not working with rich editor.

What could i do?

Comments

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Filing an issue is probably the way to go. Where did you see documentation of a format_links event though? I can't find any reference to it in the codebase or our docs.

• pioc34pioc34 Pézenas ✭✭

here, https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/251221#Comment_251221

it’s working fine with oldest posts written on advanced éditors but not with newest posts written with rich editors.

• pioc34pioc34 Pézenas ✭✭

Maybe @R_J can explain the issue...

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Ah I see now. The issue ends up being that Rich Editor doesn't do any auto linkifying of its contents. It works only works with links that are already made in the editor.

We may in the future add a way to hook in handlers through the container for links when we add trusted domains to Rich Editor, but if you have a particular use case you'd like to hook into Rich Editor links for, please open an issue on issue tracker. Currently though we have no intention to implement this particular event in the Rich Editor formatting pipeline.