Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

multiple vanilla forums and memcached?

GentleGentle New
edited February 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have two vanilla forums installed and both enabled memcached. Everything seems to work but it seems if I am logged into first forum and than login to the second forum; I see the email listed of the account use of the first vanilla forum on the first load. Is there a settings to prevent reused caches of the second separate vanilla forums or do everyone just create another instance of memcached with a different port?

Please provide the code snipplets to fix this issue. Thank you for reading and your assitance.

Comments

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited February 2019

You can set a different memcached prefix for each forum in config.php like this:

$Configuration['Cache']['Prefix'] = 'example';

With each forum having a different memcached prefix, they will not conflict.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Dear friend, I appreciate you.

Do you or anyone else know where to find these variable options? I did initially search for performance/memcached etc for vanillaforums but have not turned up anything other than old notations. For example in the docs.vanillaforums.com backend list $Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_COMPRESSION] = true; but this variable is changed to $Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.-1001'] = true;?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Some things in Vanilla are not ducumented and you need to look at Vanillas source code to find out more about it. Look at those files to find some more informaion:

/library/core/class.cache.php

/library/core/class.memcached.php

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited February 2019

The memcached options in the Vanilla Forums Documentation look good. You can find more memcached options here: http://php.net/manual/en/memcached.constants.php

Looks like Vanilla processes the constants in the config keys to their values. Here are some of the values of the memcached options for your reference: http://php.net/manual/en/memcached.getresultcode.php#105089

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• I did go through the documents but I'm a little confused about using memcached socket.

Is there a proper way to call it. can someone provide me an example. I am just not sure if it requires unix://

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

@Gentle I don't have much time to dive in at the moment, but I can confirm we run memcached in a multi-site environment on our cloud infrastructure.

You can find an example of a fully working memcached setup in our vanilla-docker repo, with some configuration information inline with the container. You may find that useful.

• I see the examples of using Cache.Memcached.Store but my issue is I don't know if it's exactly working with a path to socket and when I search online my Debian OS; I was unable to replicate the commands to determine if the memcached socket is working. The config will save nomatter how I input into the variable Cache.Memcached.Store.

If anyone using a memcached socket can find this thread and respond to me with their working config that would be great.