Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

500 Error Quoting Discussions?

When I click "Quote" using the Rich Editor plugin using 2.8, I get a message that says "Request failed with status code 500" over where the quoted post would be.

I checked my console for errors and I see this...

I'm using PHP 7.3.2 and I have HTTPS enabled.

When I disable the Chrome extension "uBlock Origin", the "ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" error for the "anyliticstick.json" goes away.

This does not fix the error code 500 when trying to quote a message, though. 🙁

Comments

• EpykestEpykest New
    edited March 2019

In my /forum/conf/config.php I have...

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Rich';

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileInputFormatter'] = 'Rich';

I also have "Enable Rich Quotes" toggled to the ON position via Dashboard > Discussions > Posting.

• Okay my bad it's actually working it's just my only post I had that I was attempting to quote contained a link and it didn't know what to do about it. Normal posts without links work fine.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2019

If you're able to consistently reproduce this (Eg. be able to provide the post you are trying to quote or show an example) I'd recommend filing a bug report on our issue tracker.

Capturing the request body that is sent that creates the 500 would probably work too. In any case, clear bugs like this our best for the issue tracker so we can triage them and get developers working on fixing them.

• I experienced the same thing, but in my case, i just change the PHP version from 7.1 to 7.3. it's okay now

• Same problem for me...