Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

open typography.scss

Hi all,

I'm trying to open and modify _typography.scss of theme-boilerplate of my Vanilla 2.8.1 forum but I can't find it nowhere (neither on my pc in the vanilla folder just downloaded).

Someone can help me explaining how to open it? Thank you!

P.s. Just in case if you're asking yourself why I want to do it. I want to replace Open Sans with Lato everywhere. If maybe you know better ways to do, it would be really helpfull too.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited March 2019

The boilerplate theme when used from scratch has to be installed with yarn. All scss files building up the theme can be found in yourtheme/node_modules/@vanillaforums/theme-boilerplate/src/scss

But you wouldn't change the font in the subfolder there, because if any improvemens are made to the boilerplate theme, you would update those files and your customizations will be lost.

In order to extend the boilerplate theme, you should build up a meaningful structure directly in your own folder. Take a look at how the theme for this forum here has been built. After the "normal" files are all included, custom files are also included which simply override the css that has been defined before.

Do not rewrite the boilerplate theme, extend it 😉