Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Link to first topic in Discussion

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

how can I link to the first Topic of a Discussion?

If I use the topic Link (date) it jumps to the last topic!

This is really annoying, because I would like to link to the BEGINNING of an Topic..

Is there a Solution to this?

I Also tried to use HTML Anchors in the first topic, but it will not convert correctly.

Using Vanilla 2.8 and the "WYSIWYG Editor" from  * @author Dane MacMillan

Thanks in advance... :+👍️

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Watch out for the "#latest" at the end of a link. That will always take you to the latest content that you have read. If you omit/delete that, theoretically you should get to the starting discussion, but if I try it now I see that it will take you to the top of the last page

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/36997/rich-editor-does-not-work-on-fresh-vanilla-2-8-install

That could be "solved" by adding "/p1" but it doesn't feel like a solution...

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/36997/rich-editor-does-not-work-on-fresh-vanilla-2-8-install/p1

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Yes, I know about the "#latest" on the End of the link... 😉

But as you already tested, if you take the Link from the DATE of the first Topic, it will be WITHOUT the "#latest", as with all the Links of a Topic...

The only topic link not working properly is the first one... 😲

Thanks for the solution... its better than nothing... 😍👍️

But I think this could be an error, isn`t it? 🙄

I agree. Do you already have a GitHub account? If yes, go and create an issue. If not, that would be a reason to create one and help improving Vanilla 👍️

GREAT!

My first Github posting... 😎😄

Hope I did everything correct... 😲😁

ThX again, RJ.. 😘

Obvioulsy your first GitHub posting: you haven't yet figured out that also on GitHub you can use emojis 😁

Haha... 😂😋

Nono!! I didn`t use them because

first I´m intimidated (aaall professionals there!! 😯😄)

and second so that they take me serious!! 😄

For the colorful expression of my feelings, I have THIS forum... hehe.... 😄😋🤡