HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Link to first topic in Discussion

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

how can I link to the first Topic of a Discussion?

If I use the topic Link (date) it jumps to the last topic!

This is really annoying, because I would like to link to the BEGINNING of an Topic..

Is there a Solution to this?

I Also tried to use HTML Anchors in the first topic, but it will not convert correctly.

Using Vanilla 2.8 and the "WYSIWYG Editor" from  * @author Dane MacMillan

Thanks in advance... :+👍️

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Watch out for the "#latest" at the end of a link. That will always take you to the latest content that you have read. If you omit/delete that, theoretically you should get to the starting discussion, but if I try it now I see that it will take you to the top of the last page

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/36997/rich-editor-does-not-work-on-fresh-vanilla-2-8-install

That could be "solved" by adding "/p1" but it doesn't feel like a solution...

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/36997/rich-editor-does-not-work-on-fresh-vanilla-2-8-install/p1

Dr_Sommer
  • Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Yes, I know about the "#latest" on the End of the link... 😉

But as you already tested, if you take the Link from the DATE of the first Topic, it will be WITHOUT the "#latest", as with all the Links of a Topic...

The only topic link not working properly is the first one... 😲

Thanks for the solution... its better than nothing... 😍👍️

But I think this could be an error, isn`t it? 🙄

I agree. Do you already have a GitHub account? If yes, go and create an issue. If not, that would be a reason to create one and help improving Vanilla 👍️

Dr_Sommer

GREAT!

My first Github posting... 😎😄

Hope I did everything correct... 😲😁

ThX again, RJ.. 😘

R_J

Obvioulsy your first GitHub posting: you haven't yet figured out that also on GitHub you can use emojis 😁

Dr_Sommer

Haha... 😂😋

Nono!! I didn`t use them because

first I´m intimidated (aaall professionals there!! 😯😄)

and second so that they take me serious!! 😄

For the colorful expression of my feelings, I have THIS forum... hehe.... 😄😋🤡

Shadowdare