Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adsense module working with 2.8.1 ?

Hello,

Is there a module to inject Adsense ads in Vanilla forum, working with the last version?

I tried "AdsenseAdder" but it doesn't work :(

Thanks 😗

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Have you tried Pockets plugin?

• Yes but when I try to create a bloc, it doesn't create a bloc, nothing appears :(

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Myself I didn't got that issue using pockets. Did you enable the pocket you created?

• First, I click on "Enable Pocket Locations"

Then, I enter the following informations :

• I click on "enable pocket"
    • I enter the name of the bloc (here, "adsense")
    • body : I enter my adsense code
    • page : I select "discussions"
    • repeat : I select "before"

Then I click on "save", and nothing appears no "name" and no "bloc" in the list.

In the forum, I see the yellow bands, but my ads doesn't appear, even after 20 minutes.

• You could try to check the html of the page, maybe it's just Google that's hiding the ads because of many variables (like: the site is new...) and not the pockets plugin that isn't working. To check if the plugin work properly you could text something like ”Hello world" and check if it appear.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Nothing appears in the list ? Strange. I didn't got the same problem.

Is it on a fresh install, or after an update ?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The pocket isn't created? That's strange and that's where you should start debugging. Try to disable and reenable the plugin and then try to create a pocket again.

• I retried. When I create a bloc with something like "hello" in the "code" section, it appears in the list.

Then, when I try to modify the code with Adsense code and save, it doesn't work and the code stay the same : "hello".

Pockets doesn't allow Adsense code maybe?

• In my forum works properly either pockets and Adsense, I'm running VF 2.8.1 but my ads are also showed on another website that's running since some years. I heared that in new websites, just created, maybe google don't show ads, altough the code works properly

• I am in the same case, I run Adsense since years on my blog, and I copy-paste exactly the same code in pockets... :(

Can you paste the code in here? Remove all private information before you do so 😉

• xatanaelxatanael New
    edited April 2019

Here you are, I just replaced my ad-client number and ad-slot number by : "my-number" and 'my-slot"

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <!-- Sous article -->
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
       style="display:block"
       data-ad-client="ca-pub-my-number"
       data-ad-slot="my-slot"
       data-ad-format="auto"
       data-full-width-responsive="true"></ins>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
    </script>

If I click "Add Pocket", enter a name, paste in that html and choose Head as location and finish that with clicking on Save, the page refreshes and shows that entry without a problem.

Maybe only that refresh or the display doesn't work. Can you check the database table GDN_Pocket to see if there is an entry for your adsense pocket?

• It's crazy, I just do the same and nothing appears.

I checked GDN_Pocket in the database and it's empty... :(

Please run /utility/structure try again and also take a look at the JavaScript console. That's really weird!

• @R_J i have the same bug like the thread starter, i did everything u have wrote, now i got the following output:

The following structure changes are required for your database.

alter table `GDN_UserAuthenticationNonce`
    -- [Existing: `Timestamp` timestamp not null default current_timestamp, New: `Timestamp` timestamp not null]
    change `Timestamp` `Timestamp` timestamp not null;

alter table `GDN_UserAuthenticationToken`
    -- [Existing: `Timestamp` timestamp not null default current_timestamp, New: `Timestamp` timestamp not null]

update `GDN_User` `User`
    set `Permissions` = ''
    where `Permissions` <> '';

insert `GDN_UserMeta` 
    (`UserID`, `Name`, `Value`) 
    values ('0', 'stubcontent.record.locale', 'de');

Should i execute this as sql commands into the db then?

No, the /utility/structure can run the sql on its own, but what you are seeing will always show up again and is not important. If nothing else shows up, that is not a db structure problem. It has been just a wild guess anyway. I do not have a real idea f what could be the reason, anyway.

I understood the problem described as some text pocket can be created, but that adsense html cannot be created, correct?

P. S.: Locale de? So, so. Möglicherweise können wir das ja per PM schneller klären und dann das Egebnis hier reinstellen

• I runned /utility/structure and I got the same message as @prot0n :

alter table `GDN_UserAuthenticationNonce`

alter table `GDN_UserAuthenticationToken`

update `GDN_User` `User`
    set `Permissions` = ''
    where `Permissions` <> '';

insert `GDN_UserMeta` 
    (`UserID`, `Name`, `Value`) 
    values ('0', 'stubcontent.record.locale', 'fr');

I have a button "execute structure scripts and datas" (not sure it's the good terms in english), should I click on it?

Like I said above: you can click on it but it will not change anything (and the next time you run the structure it will show exactly the same messages again).