Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Blog Comments: There was an error rendering this rich post.

K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone,

I'm using Blog Comments on my website, and before updating my forum to 2.8.1 I tried the blog comments of 2.8 on a test server.

The result is:

This error occurs only when Rich Editor is enabled, I got no problem with Advanced Editor.

And when I try to edit the post, it's showing this to me:

So it's just rendering that cause problem because this save what I write inside.

Debug mode is not helpful I got nothing more.

I'm running Vanilla 2.8.1 with blog comments, and rich editor 1.0.1.

The theme is not the problem, I got the same with Keystone theme.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, on the forum itself this create a subject with same error, but when i'm posting on the forum everything is good. It only posting from comments that cause this.

Comments

• Options
    charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

The issue is with the blog comments plugin not properly creating rich editor but still saving the posts with the Rich format.

I’d recommend reaching out to the author of the plugin.

• Options
    edited April 2019

You're the author if I read what's written on it @charrondev

But for the moment I gonna still use Advanced Editor. I find Rich Editor too restrictive.

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Rich Editor is in Core (internal 'plugin' feature).

You said you use Vanilla with "Blog Comments" - I assume it was understood(I did) as using "Blog Comments"(external addon plugin) - like:

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/nillablog-plugin

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/540/discussionexcerpt2

Or the Wordpress blog plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/vanilla-forums/

It is the author of that plugin charrondev is referencing.

I think you need to elaborate on how you integrate your blog into Vanilla and which blog software/platform is used.

• Options
    edited April 2019

I'm using the Embeded Blog Comments. Not an addon. My Blog software has nothing to do with it.

The problem is from Vanilla.

Vanilla connot render plaintext input when it's set to rich format (but with any other it's possible).

You can try yourself (if you have acces to a database). Create a discussion in rich format, ten go to the GDN_DIscussions find your record.

Edit the "Body" data to something just plain (as would do Embed Comments) and save. go back to your discussion and...

If you change the format to another one (even Wysiwyg) you'll see your plaintext input.

• Options

I see...

I thing I will look in to... and trying to my forum.

• Options
    charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

This issue will be fixed in the 3.0 release. @FBI Do things work properly if you try the 3.0 release candidate? (Should be finalized Wednesday).