Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

500 Internal Server Error on https://domain.com/addoncache/verify?Type=addon [RESOLVED]

grosserggrosserg New
edited April 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello everybody!

I get an error 500 on the pages "Plugins" and "Applications".

As I understand these errors occur in the file "applications/dashboard/controllers/class.addoncachecontroller.php" in the method "verify" when is verifying the cache of the plugins.

How can I fix this?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

You should try looking in your server log to see what is reported.

Error 500 is a generic error report.

Also, if you are really using 2.6 you should update to 2.8.1

If you aren't, let me know, and I'll move the thread tot he correct category.

• grosserggrosserg New
    edited April 2019

It's a few error from my log file on my server.

As can see, it's happened on pages "Applications" and "Plugins".

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I had similar errors when I had plugins with errors in my installation. Pressing F5 several times "solved" that error for me.

Check which additional plugins (not included in the standard zip file) you have in your plugins/addons and eventually themes folder and try to move them somewhere else. That should really solve the problem. Afterwards move every plugin you want to use one by one back to its original folder, delete /cache/addon.php and check if the dashboards plugins page is still working.

• I am using custom plugins, added by myself. There are no errors on my local machine, so I can't check which plugin lead to errors.

On production site I can't remove this plugins.

I was delete /cache/addon.php, but it didn't solve the problem.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Do you use addon.json format or the PluginInfo array at the top of the plugins? You should check them. A good help might be the vanilla command line tool: https://docs.vanillaforums.com/developer/vanilla-cli/#vanilla-addon-doctor-options

• I found the problem. The problem was in the plugin "Data Generator", which was used in the development. When the plugin files were scanned in the /library/Vanilla/Addon.php, PHP started to consume more memory than was allocated for it. I deleted the plugin and the problem disappeared.