Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quote comments anomaly

I have enabled the quote plugin, though I am finding it imposssible to quote a comment including the author. What I get is the entire discussion's URL yet ive clicked on the quote buton below an individual. The debug trace is below... cold there be a hint here?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

A brief Internet search suggest that getmypid() can be disabled by the host on shared servers.

Maybe check with your host support?

• How can I enable getmypid () using htdocs?

• I was duly informed by my host that they cannot enable getmypid() on shared hosting.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

getmypid() is used only on three places:

1. class.model.php uses it in a method that isn't used anywhere.
    2. In the garden-password library where it is not required, only optional
    3. In the CategoryModel it would help to avoid unneeded recalculations, thus speeding up some actions.

Since you are on a shared hosting, I'd assume speed is not your main concern. You can try editing those three places but I think searching another shared hosting provider (or considering a vps) is the better alternative

• TheWallTheWall New
    edited April 2019

Why to use shared hosting when you can get VPS for 2-5$?

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Because it's easier to run and maintain @TheWall when you just publish a website and not know about server managment.

• I agree. But when it comes to problem like this, maybe is better to ask for help then continue using shared hosting. VPS give you more freedom, except if you just want to run a simple blog and don't want to think about server.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

But shared Hosting can be a good solution after all. And some let people uses most PHP functions. The one I use have getmypid and a lot more. Because everything on my webspace will not interfere with other ones (except speed) 'cause each webspace is in a sandbox.