Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Issues with Rich Editor and Quotes

This discussion was created from comments split from: Vanilla 2.8.1 is now available - Security Patches & Bug Fixes.

Comments

• I really appreciate the update and all the hard work guys! I'm not sure if this is a bug with 281 or it's been there in 26x as I've just switched my site to start using the rich editor for posts after the upgrade. So using rich text editor and having enabled "Enable Rich Quotes" features I'm seeing to separate issues I've noticed with the quote feature:

- On Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers when clicking the quote link of another users the quote fails to generate and get taken to an error page.

-  Quoting a post that already contains a quote (quote within a quote) the embeded quote is just a link to the comment.. not sure if this is by design though?

Thanks again for the hard work and my community really loves the software and features! Any insight into the above issues would be appreciated.

• anybody else have these issues on their installs?

• Should I open github issue for these? If no response in a day or so here I'll go ahead and open the issues there.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Github would probably be best.

Most devs wouldn't see comments on here.