Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

page with list of ALL tags... how to?

Hi

I am fairly new to vanilla and one of the main reasons I replaced my last forum with this is the ability to use tags. But the ability to list and search by tags, Im finding out a bit too late is kinda poor.

I have been searching and looking at the few tag plugins that are available (most are quite old) and none really suit my needs

I dont care if its pretty I just need a way to list all the tags

Is there a simple way to list them based on clicking on a tag with the result url as listed below... this is what I see when clicking on a tag within the forum

index.php?p=/discussions/tagged/(tag name here)

can I replace (tag name here) with something that will cause it to list all tags? If so what please?

Im not looking for anything much more complicated than that... one post I saw did mention it was possible but never posted an answer as to how.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The answer is almost always "it is possible" =)

In this case it is not too hard. Look here for the skeleton I've quickly jotted down: https://github.com/R-J/alltags
    There is no menu entry yet, so you would have to look at index.php?p=/vanilla/alltags to see anything

There also is no settings page but one setting is save to your config: 'alltags'.'SortOrder'. This is set to "Count". Set it to "Name" and the sort order will change.

The list has no pagination so it might look really ugly. I'm open to pull requests :wink:

• Hi

Thank you, but you lost me a bit... Im not that familiar with vanilla yet

I did visit github and download the listed files and put them in a folder called alltags in the plugins directory with a sub folder called views /alltags/views
    (and uploaded the one file into that as well)

and not sure what I am supposed to do from there, there is not listing for it on the plugins page and it didnt ask me to refresh the cache like it normally would?

am I missing something fundamental?

Delete /cache/addon.php abs you should see the plugin in the list

• hi

I did exactly that (twice)

and the plugin is not on the list?

Could it be that you are using Vanilla 2.5? I'll make 2.5 compatible...

It is as good as finished, only a settings page could be added. I'll upload it the addon section. You could fetch it from there in 5 to 10 minutes

• Hi

that was it (my bad)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Seriously that was very kind of you, it looks pretty great actually and it finally allows people to easily search by tag

you rock :)

• @brenwa We're looking to have an all tags page / search by tag on our new Vanilla forum. Would love to see yours as an example if you don't mind sharing!