Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Post Count not updating - old issue

Hi! I have this old issue. When I create (or delete) a new discussion, the discussion counter is not updated in the category.

I know this issue is old because of that: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/35885/post-count-not-updating/p1

When I go to myforum/dba/counts , it updates, but only once.

Is there a definitive solution for this? Will it be released in the next updates?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please try if making the changes that rgp suggested in the referenced discussion would work for you. If they do, please provide some more information on you system.

By now there isn't any solution to that problem. But the more people give feedback how they solved the problem, the more likely it is that it will be fixed. rgp did a great job with his feedback, but I'm curious if the problem with his system setup come up more often

• Options

Yes, the rgp's soluction worked for me. And it is simple.

I have just replaced the lines 168 and 169.

The original:

} elseif (is_int($categoryID)) {
                $id = $categoryID;

After the changes:

} elseif (is_numeric($categoryID)) {
                $id = (int)$categoryID;

It is so simply! I'm wondering: why doesn't put this correction in the next update?