HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Show different stats of the forum!

WaqassWaqass New
edited October 2017 in General Banter

First of all thanks for such a great piece of software. Vanilla certainly beats the other forums in a number of ways. I have just started using it and was wondering If there is any plugin for displaying stats of my forum below the categories. Its just like most of the other forum scripts do like phpbb and smf. I can't seem to find any plugin related to it. Anyone can help me if there any plugin exists for it.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
  • Your support is very much appreciated.

• Installed the plugin and activated it. Though nothing showing in the footers.

• Ok got it ..the theme font was messing with up. The information is on very low side. Just 4 stats and that too on every page. Should have been only on category main page.

You can get the CSSEdit plugin and use it to addd some CSS to hide the stats from the Discussions page

And if you have some basic programming skills and you would like to show more information, just tell us what you are missing and we could tell you how to find out that information

• Hi Mr Moderator.

I am also now struggling with the same issue that Waqass encountered. However I can't see how the "font was messing with it" as he suggested. I've installed and activated, but can't see the stats footer anywhere at all.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

We have the built in SiteTotalsModule which will give some counts.

You can see it in use on the Acer homepage here, although they have some customizations to display online users instead of discussion count and some extra CSS.

Here's how you would add it with a smarty tag.

{ module name="SiteTotalsModule" }

@charrondev Is it possible to use a module in a pocket? And if not, wouldn't that be a great enhancement? 😉

edited June 2019

We don't execute smarty in pockets (for various reasons). You'll need a custom theme. Check out the docs to get started!

The theme boilerplate is the easiest way to get setup and working with a custom theme based of the built in theme boilerplate.

You can check out the source code for this sites theme over in the community repo:

One of the great things about pockets, is there isn't anything you can put in there that could crash your server. Incorrectly implemented smarty tags can which part of the reason for the limitation.

The other reason is that it's preferable that code live in a version control system like git, than in a database as a string.