HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

User Home Page Selector Plugin

charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS)Montreal Vanilla Staff

After some discussion it was clear to me that homepage preferences definitely vary by user, so I made a plugin to allow the homepage to be user configurable!

The Plugin

Go grab it on the addon directory! It's been tested with PHP 7.1 + & Vanilla 3.1 (it likely works with 3.0 as well though).

Screenshot

Source Code

Get it over on the addon directory. The source should be up on the vanilla/addons repo in a few days once it passes code review. In the meantime if anyone wants to view the source it's up on a branch.

Unfortunately it ended up being a bit more code than I initially thought. Forms are a PITA!

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Thanks for that plugin, can't wait to have it here :-)

That Twig snippet is very interesting! There isn't any documentation about that by now. Will that follow? Will you continue using Smarty and Twig in parallel?

The comments of your plugin has some references to signatures, by the way.

• Awesome.

Categories landing page offered little to me ... now I can change it. KUTGW! Thanks.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2019

I think we added twig support right around Vanilla 2.8? This is basically the “LegacyViewHandler” for for our twig support. We’re also using it in the our new page/controller that we use for our knowledge product. We're not going to be using Smarty for anything new going forward though. Once we bring our new routing & controllers to the forum, the master view will be in Twig as well.

The signatures stuff will get cleaned up during code review. I was using it as a reference for adding the menu items to the profile page and was a little sloppy.