Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I have tried to upload video but dont know how to show player any player HTML 5

jack_joejack_joe New
edited May 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello , Please help me out.

I have tried to upload video but dont know how to show player ; any player HTML to play my video.

I want to customize the single discussion page, if there is video, it will play there only.

Do not suggest for embedding videos. I am successful in uploading video to server.

Comments

• Options
    allensollyallensolly Highland Village, Tx 75077 New

Use this code to upload the video

<iframe width="420" height="315"

src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tgbNymZ7vqY">

</iframe>

• Options
    charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Rich editor supports video embeds from YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, and Wistia.

Just put the video link and hit enter, or user the embed menu.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2019

Do not suggest for embedding videos. I am successful in uploading video to server.

Ok just trying to understand what you want. You mention HTML5 so that is by definition embedding the video.

In order for the browser to play the uploaded video. either you would need to embed the uploaded file in a recognised format, or it would need to have the correct MIME type and the browser would have to have the plug-in or addon so that when you click on it it opens a player.

Given you have limited control over that embedding is probably a better way, but all methods require work.

You can on the server level enforce the MIME type

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2019

Genrally speaking for security reasons tags like this tend to be substituted. Is thsi a general use case, or is it more just for admins?

grep is your friend.