HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Unknown column 'Active' in 'field list'"

rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one"NY ✭✭✭

I upgraded to 3.1, gone through the upgrade procedure and having the following toast error message when trying to save an existing discussion:

{ "Code": 256, "Exception": "Unknown column 'Active' in 'field list'", "Class": "Gdn_ErrorException" }

I disabled all plugins to no avail.

I am trying it as an admin so there should be no permissions issues here.

Strangely, I am able to create the discussion (namely save it for the first time) , just not edit and save again.

And yes, I ran more than once the utility/upgrade.

@R_J J - looking at https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/255429#Comment9 didn't seem to give me a hint. What am I missing?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Have you tried utility structure?

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Yes, I did. Even went to see what SQL it initated and copy/pasted in onto phpadmin and verified the statements didn't fail.

FYI here are the statements that utility structure intiated:

alter table `va_UserAuthenticationNonce`
    -- [Existing: `Timestamp` timestamp not null default current_timestamp, New: `Timestamp` timestamp not null]
    change `Timestamp` `Timestamp` timestamp not null;

alter table `va_UserAuthenticationToken`
    -- [Existing: `Timestamp` timestamp not null default current_timestamp, New: `Timestamp` timestamp not null]
    change `Timestamp` `Timestamp` timestamp not null;

update `va_User` `User`
    set `Permissions` = ''
    where `Permissions` <> '';

Any other ideas?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Those structure results cannot be avoided and do not have any effect. Could it be that you are using YAGA? I do not recall what the interaction between YAGAs Reaction and Vanillas "new" reaction table has looked like.

If you enable debugging you might see the SQL that fails and that could give more hints

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

No yaga, plugins disabled.

Will try debug ... Toast messages are tough to debug...