HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Blog layout for 3.2

Hi guys,

I'm moving a community forum from Vanilla 2.2 to 3.2.

We had a 'blog' category on 2.2 that showed posts in a traditional blog format, where the first post of each topic was fully displayed. When migrating to 3.2, this blog category is now displayed like the rest of the forum, with each topic just listed as a normal forum thread title. How do I change it back to the blog style?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You were either using a plugin for that or a custom theme. You have to check if that still works for Vanilla 3.x.

• Options

Ah yes you are right. It appears to be 'NillaBlog' that has enabled this feature. However I don't know how to add this to the new dashboard.

• Options

Thanks Kaspar. We have NillaBlog installed now, and it's working, but it's not showing quite the same as it was on our Vanilla 2.2 forum.

There are two problems:

1) the main body text of each blog entry is displaying in quite a large font and in bold, making it appear slightly larger than the actual blog headings, which looks strange and is hard to read.

2) The blog entries aren't displaying in order of posting, instead they are being ordered by the most recent comment first (as if they were normal forum threads).

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!