HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Limiting registrations

Hi, I would like to limit user registration on my website by registering to those who are under the age of 13. I have activated the personanalysed fields and inserted a field of choice for the date of birth on my registration form, but I do not know how to prevent the registration to those who are not 13 years old. Can someone help me?

PS: if possible, i want some solutions that not are the manual approval of the user. Thanks.

PS2: if is necessary the manual approval, how can i enable the email verification after the staff approval of the account in question?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You need to write a plugin for that, but it would be quite simple. You can validate the form fields and give custom error messages. The code below should get you started:

public function userModel_beforeSaveValidation_handler($sender, $args) {
           // Access the DateOfBirth like that:
           // $args['FormPostValues']['DateOfBirth'];
           // If you decide not to allow access, you need that line of code
           $sender->Validation->addValidationResult('DateOfBirth', 'Baby!');
       }

• TheDark52TheDark52 New
    edited October 2019

There is no plugin for this? I don't know how to create a plugin from 0.🤣

If i enable the registration aproval, there is the possibility to enable the email verification after the account approval?

I suggest to add the age limit as a default option. In europe this is mandatory