HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Understanding the plugin and feature request

Hi there,

on our old forum we had an option to hide irrelevant comments and this was global for everyone.

We installed your plugin and it works nice, even though it lacks of locales support (e.g. german)

I tested it and as admin/moderator, I hid some comments but strangely, as a moderator, I still see them. So are they hidden for the user only? (this would be a let down)

In another thread, yout mentioned this:

I'm working on an update that will provide both a settings screen under the dashboard and a toggle to allow discussion authors to hide comments in their discussion - similarly to how it is done now per user, but this would be applied to the entire discussion, allowing authors to moderate their content.

Will you work on this or did you abandon the great plugin?

Thanks for the feedback!

Comments

• Thanks for bringing up this little awesome plugin.

I decided to look into the code, and it creates a table in the DB where it stores all its necessary data.

In my mind, with a little work, this plugin can achieve more awesomeness. The author has laid a superb foundation already.

When I have time I will try and contribute to the plugin.

Cheers.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I haven't taken a look at or but there are the tables UserMeta, UserDiscussion and I believe also UserComment. Maybe an additional table isn't needed

• manticore789manticore789 Down Under New

Any further progress on this. I notice there is a 'No Hide' configuration option for Administrators and Moderators.

Perhaps even a 'Hide' option for roles such as Guest, Applicant and Unconfirmed could be considered, for those sites who want to block off comments access to the public.