HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quotes plugin issue in Vanilla 3.2 for private used forum

Hello Guys. Im trying to setup a Vanilla 3.2 forum for private used. But there's a problem to used the plugin QUOTE in my setup permission that only the member can access to the forum site (please see the image 1). if i trying to use to quote, the sign in appears in the comment box (please see the image 2)

image 1: Category Permission Setup

image 2: Sample Discussion adding a quote in comment

looking forward guys.

Thank you so much,

Jay😀

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Vanilla requires using pretty urls: especially the Rich Editor and the API rely on it. I bet that problem is solved as soon as you have set that up 👍️

• Hello @R_J i appreciated the response. I used to install the forum at my subdomain and the API is running in my installation.

p.s: am not sure if this the API are you saying but this is related to the plugins.

Thank you so much

Your screenshot above shows a link to "example.com/index.php?p=discussions" while it should be only "example.com/discussions"

If you look at your dashboard you will find in the section "Technical" the item "APIv2". That was what I was refering to.

You can find some information on that below that link: https://docs.vanillaforums.com/developer/installation/self-hosting/#from-vanilla-2-3-or-earlier

• There's a easy way to fix or to make my url pretty? some of the discussion are too technical for me :)

Thank you so much @R_J

Open /conf/config.php and find the line with $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = false; 

If there is such a line, change false to true

If there is no such line, simply append it as the last line (make sure you copy the complete line from "$" to ";")

• weeeee... you are the best. :) it's work. Thank you so much @R_J