HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Import feature not working

alternicoalternico New
edited November 2019 in Vanilla 3.x Help

Good morning everyone,

after having enabled the import feature in the configuration file, I am finally able to see it in the dashboard/admin area.

Though, unfortunately, when I click on it I am not able to access the page ../dashboard/import as it generates a timeout on the web server side (Nginx):

"504 Gateway Time-out. The server didn't respond in time."

I did try to increase all the possible timeout values, from the Nginx itself to the php-fastcgi module, but unfortunately the issue persist.

Please consider that the Vanillaforums instance is pretty fresh as I did install from stretch.

Any hints? thanks a lot for your support!

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you are on a hosted plan, your hoster might force the timeout and you are not able to change it, all settings on yourside are ignored.

If you own the server and all settings really apply but the timeout still persists, I would recommend to set up a local installation and import the other forums data into the local Vanilla installation.

• Hi,

I own the server and, the original Nginx configuration is based on the suggested one in the documentation. Other sites, always in PHP, are running very well (Wordpress, etc.). Also the forum itself works very well except that ../dashboard/import page.

Thanks