HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

vBulletin - Import is failing

Hi all,

I was finally able to generate the porter file starting from an existing installation of vBulletin.

Unfortunately though, I cannot complete the import into a fresh VanillaForum installation.

Please find attached the screenshot.

Comments

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Shouldn't "GDN_zUser" be "GDN_User".

I have no experience with the porter or vBulletin but that caught my eye and I have only ever seen it as "GDN_User".

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

No, I think that name is okay. IIRC that is a temporary table imported into the user table. Therefore I would change the column HourOffset in the target GDN_User to varchar so that it accepts what is coming from GDN_zUser and revert the column type after the import

• alternicoalternico New
    edited December 2019

Hi everyone,

thanks a lot. It seems that I could advance after having applied the following SQL query:

ALTER TABLE GDN_User MODIFY HourOffset varchar(11);

Unfortunately though, I have another fatal error that is not allowing me to proceed. This time is regarding the field LastIPAddress - as you can see from the attached screenshot.

1. Anyone had the same experience?
    2. Is there a way to exclude completely certain field from the import?

Thanks a lot for helping!

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If a field is not in the source database, it cannot be included in the import. But beyond that I wouldn't know a way. You can copy your vBulletin database and delete some rows from that copy.

But you can also proceed the import when you face such a problem like you did above: change the columns type. I think type "TEXT" should be safe.

But after the import those column definitions are wrong. After you have finished the import you should visit /utility/structure and apply the suggested changes so that your database will be corrected. That might lead to a loss of some not so important information (HourOffset will be renewed, and LastIPAddress will be renewed, too)