HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Doesn't insert "@authorname"

Thanks for the great plugin!!

It's working fine but doesn't insert "@authorname" when the "Reply" button is clicked.

And is it possible to remove these buttons for own posts and comments? Hope it makes sense.

My vanilla forum version is 3.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Why not use the quote option?

• Thanks for the reply.

I thought replying someone with mentioning them automatically would be a great functionality.

it would look more like a “reply” to a specific person instead a normal comment.

we can mention someone manually, but doing that automatically with a reply button would be a great option.

Kind regards

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Using quote gives a mention notification to the quoted aswell :-)

• Good to know that!

But I’m getting the same notification for all comments. Please see the attached image.

When you mention me, it should say “Kaspar mentioned you on “post title”.

so that I could know that the comment is specially for me.

if I get same notification for everything then I might miss some comments where a member specially talking to me.

I think this post is going off topic now, I’ll create a new post for the mention functionality 👍

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Hmm, on my own forum it says "[X-member] mentioned you in [Y-discussion]".

Hadn't noticed it does not here.

• I'm using the latest version and It might be broken in this version. Because it is doing the same thing in this open forum as well.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I have not much time right now, so here is only a short feedback: the notifications for discussions, comments and mentions are different because this is you own discussion. If you are mentioned on a different discussion or would work as expected.

The plugin just inserts an @somebody which can be typed, but it's a nice shortcut for those people out there who work with a mouse.

The quote option quotes, the reply button should reply. Similar but not the same. I think there is a justification for both of them.

The plugin does not work with the "Rich Editor". That editor doesn't simply work with text, it stores text in a complex format so it you want to insert text, you cannot simply insert text, but you have to use some kind of API. I will have to look at this closer, but I really hate that editor from the bottom of my heart and there are many, many things I prefer to do than working with that tutti frutti editor

• I am laughing so hard right now, I think I am about to fall off ... oh that last sentence @R_J

• Thanks for the reply @R_J, It's really a very nice plugin, having a reply button is a very convenient and nice feature.

Sadly, it's not working with the rich editor 😥 I hope it will be fixed in the future when you get some time to tackle the tutti frutti editor 😄

@donshakespeare same here 😄

And I just tested and the mentions working fine with "Other's" posts, but it should work with own posts as well, just my thoughts.

• I have been secretly working on something along these strait lines.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The plugin added "@testing" at the end of the comment text. The rich editor requires to insert {"insert":{"mention":{"name":"testing","userID":71000}}} into a json array - just to give an impression what is needed...